Pikanini Chefs strive to encourage children to expand their food horizons by educating and introducing them to food and the many processes involved therewith.
This fun filled learning process entails teaching each prospective Pikanini Chef:
- The basics (the source of milk and eggs);
- The food groups (dairy, fruit and vegetables, proteins, carbohydrates & grain/cereal foods);
- Making healthy choices;
- Safety in the kitchen;
- How to follow a recipe;
- Decorating, desserts, baking techniques; and
- How to design and create their very own meals and culinary delights (which involves using cognitive skills as well as gross and fine motor skills.
We are passionate about food, teaching the youth of today and instilling a love and passion for cooking and food.
Pikanini Chefs SA is divided into the following sections:
1. Pikanini Chefs Cool Kids (2 – 3 years)
2. Pikanini Chefs Baker (3 – 6 years)
3. Pikanini Chefs (6 – 14 years)
4. Jou ma se egte boere kos (14 – 35 years)
5. Pikanini Chefs Parties
6. Pikanini Chefs Curriculum